Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Xmas Knitting

(Stole this off the Knit Nook blog, circa June 2008. 
From my expression, you can surmise that knitting argyle is a BITCH.) 

Holy shit, people! It's November! And I'm not talking about yesterday was Halloween November. I'm talking next week is THANKSGIVING, November. If you're a knitter, you're already probably deep in the panic, but it literally just hit me this week. CHRISTMAS! We're a little more than a month away. Which means that now all of a sudden, I have the urge to knit thoughtful, hand knit gifts for everybody. 

Yes, yes, yes. I heard you. Knitting seems the opposite of lazy. But let me explain. Knitting involves me sitting on the couch, watching Netflix (still show-less at the moment--suggestions are much appreciated!) Knitting does not require me to go to the mall. Or spend money. So it is actually sloth and stinge (noun version of stingy?) that inspire me to knit. 

Never mind that yarn and (good) patterns cost money. (Actually, for the five glorious years that I owned a yarn store, they didn't.)

Never mind that a few hours of shopping and a few hundred dollars is really that's all required of me. Never mind that it can all be done online so I never have to encounter another person.

I'm feeling the itch. So brace yourself, family. You better act excited when you get another pair of knitted slippers instead of that other thing you really wanted instead. 

6 comments:

  1. I really want to learn to knit well. Like a hat, for starters. Where can I learn?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a yarn store in Nashville? Ask the Google for one. Or, next time you're in Louisville, let's meet up and I'll teach you. I can teach you the basics in about an hour, and Youtube can help you with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first year I'm not knitting ANYTHING. Take that, family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lazy family gift, mother edition: put pictures of your kid(s) on everything/or pictures they've drawn. Coffee mugs and framed pictures for everyone!

      Delete
  4. Last year my excuse was "I'm in school and pregnant!" this year it's "I'm in school and Asher is mobile!" No one is getting a knitted anythine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess my great idea of having you crochet me a Christmas tree skirt should be put on hold for a decade or so. I'd rather have an adorable MH picture anyway.

    ReplyDelete