Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sleepy Sleep Sleep

(MH asleep at the pool over the summer. While I was at work. Like a chump.)

Basically, sleep is my most favorite thing ever. Just ask anybody. My *favorite* thing in the whole wide universe is to fall asleep in the sun (preferably on the beach) with a book crushed on my chest. If I were rich, I would do this all the time. (If I were famous, all the paparazzi pictures of me would be of me napping with my mouth open and drooling. So I don't think I'd be famous for that long.)

It reminds me of my friend Adrienne's favorite thing is: a big party with everybody she loves, but she's upstairs, falling asleep to the sounds of people talking and laughing. It's like how sometimes I'll leave the radio on in the other room while I go take a nap. It's like the illusion of activity makes me more relaxed. How a snow day is always more special than a Saturday. 

Anyway, writing about sleeping when you are really tired is like washing dishes when you really have to pee. Right now, MH is probably taking a nap at school right now. Man, babies have all the luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment