(Yes. A remote that looks/works like a phaser. The only thing that would make TV better.)
So here's my big important question: what's the next show I should watch on Netflix?
I was planning on watching Roseanne or The Cosby Show, but Netflix hates me and has recently removed both of these shows. So what to watch now? I'm kinda watching The X-Files right now, but would prefer a show that is MH-appropriate. (Then she can say adorable things like, "No Fradjure!" when I play an episode of my show versus another episode of Curious George.)
Anyway, I've compiled a list because I'm obviously WORKING HARD at my lucrative/fulfilling office job.
Afraid that it won't be as good as it was when I first saw it, so pretty much avoiding it:
Freaks and Geeks
The Wonder Years
My So Called Life
Not MH appropriate:
The X-Files
Breaking Bad
The Tudors
Borgia
The Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Rescue Me
Probably not MH appropriate, right? Or can I get away with it?
Gossip Girl (haven't seen the latest season they just added)
Heroes
Friday Night Lights
Once Upon a Time
Alias
Hell on Wheels (Choo choo train!)
Would probably be okay to watch in front of MH, but not sure I'm that into it:
DS9
My Name is Earl
Basically, I'm not that choosy
Murder, She Wrote
Sister Wives
Numbers---er, excuse me, NUMB3RS
MacGyver (this one belongs on the probably not as good as I remember it list, too)
Any suggestions you fine folks have are much appreciated!
PS- I totally tweeted about this conundrum with the hashtag #readingsucks. Reading, you know I didn't mean it. In fact, reading a great novel right now about Chang and Eng, the Siamese twins. But can't read and knit. Can't read and help MH build a giant tower of Duplos. Sorry, Reading. You're only for special occasions like the glorious half hour before I fall asleep.

I grately enjoyed re-watching My So Called Life for 2 reasons. 1. I laughed I don't know how many times at scenes that I totally remember my 12yr old self thinking were amazingly profound and deep that just weren't lol. And 2. Because after the 1st episode I totally reverted to my 12yr old self everytime I watched it, getting just as wrapped up in the characters and being just as devastated when I'd watched the last episode. And the Wonder Years is always classic, mainly now its fun to look at the interior design for me but I'm a dork. Which brings us to Freaks and Geeks which I remember liking but don't remember anything else about.
ReplyDeleteWhat about Designing Women or Matlock or Golden Girls. I'd totally watch any of those, don't know if they're on there yet though and since one tv is broken, the girls broke the HDMi cords on the other one, the third isn't connected to Netflix, Christopher broke the iPod and I can't find the iPad I can"t check to see for you. I'm in mommy hell right now. Which makes the thought of tv so much more exciting lol! Good luck finding a new series!
Poor Liz! If I weren't overworked and pregnant, I'd come help you out! At least take one of those kids off your hands!
ReplyDeleteif you can get into formulaic tv, go with macgyver. it's genuinely fun (and often ironically fun, too. hipster bonus!) also, have you seen sports night? it's a great show, and it was on Netflix...Mott sure about now, actually. but it's no worse than frasier
ReplyDeleteSister Wives was addicting. And because they're quite Mormon, very child-friendly. You could always visit my favorite - The Golden Girls. I'm also one 6 people that really liked Will & Grace.
ReplyDeleteHow about Saved by the Bell? You loved that show. Remember how you used to make me watch Ally McBeal (also on Netflix)? Hell on Wheels, while pretty good, is definitely not MH safe. I bet she would love it if you watched Glee.
ReplyDeleteCosbys and So-Called Life will stand up to your withering adult scrutiny.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, Freaks and Geeks was just as wonderful as I remember it. It's just weird to see "big stars" like James Franco, Seth Rogan, and Jason Segal as babies.
ReplyDeleteKate, I loved Will & Grace also! I even had a Dr. At one point that my mom and I still refer to as RoRo, b/c she looked just like Rosario! Haha. And Kristin thanks but its all good, its just been a hard week for technology in the Matly household lol.
ReplyDelete