(A picture of me in bed yesterday being sick. Yeah right.)
I was sick yesterday. I actually felt it coming on Halloween night. The next morning, I could barely move. It wasn't anything serious, just a case of the Ohio River Valley sludge (all you Kentucky folks know exactly what I'm talking about). Anyway, I spent the morning in bed and the afternoon on the couch, dozing and watching Frasier. (I got through Season 8. Spoiler alert, circa 2001: Niles and Daphne are totally together now!)
Being sick sucks. Except, actually, it's AMAZING. I get to lay around and do nothing without judgment. I can boss people around and tell them to get me things. I can drink as much Gatorade and Ginger Ale as I want! And falling asleep to the TV is really only second best to falling asleep in the sun with a book on your chest.
So I've reached the point in my life where getting a cold is actually great because it's like being able to take a little vacation in the middle of the week. It's like a taste of what it will be like to be old, except I can still hear the TV. I actually find myself looking forward to sick days. Yes, this is my life now.
I'm feeling slightly better, and am at work today. Jonathan's the one home, sick in bed. The lucky bastard.

Glad you're feeling a bit better! You'll need your strength! It's gonna be a crazy month ahead! :-)
ReplyDelete