Monday, May 6, 2013
Randoms
What can I say? I've been sick, pregnant, and grading. If I'd blogged at all last week, it would have just been me bitching about swollen feet or the audacity of my students (who are all grown ups, by the way) or how the weather is too hot and then too cold--sometimes, you just feel like bitching, right?
Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better. My cold has subsided (a day in bed watching Fringe on the iPad was just the thing). I am 32 weeks pregnant. Huh. That seems like a lot until I realize that I have 8 weeks left--possibly more--and I already feel pregnant up to my eyeballs. Doesn't it already seem like I've been pregnant for a really long time? I have. And it's not just me. I complained about being pregnant on Facebook, and one of my friend's moms commented about how she couldn't believe I was having my third already. Because she just assumed that I must have had my second already because didn't I get pregnant a long time ago? Yes. LAST YEAR. How do elephants do it? I bet that's why they all go crazy in the zoo because they are already unhinged by their ridiculously long pregnancies.
So that this isn't only a post about being pregnant and hating it (seriously, any woman who tells you she loved being pregnant probably also loved high school), we woke up this weekend with a bird flying around in our room. I'm sure there's some hillbilly wisdom about how that is terrible luck, but it was kind of cool. Oh, and MH announced one night at dinner: "I pooped a lot! Like a dolphin!" And when I asked her what she meant, she said, "Splashing in the water!"
Labels:
How to be Lazy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 weeks isn't so bad! You're 4/5 of the way there. That's what I tell myself when I'm running. It doesn't make me like it anymore, but it does make me hate it a little less.
ReplyDeleteAnd look at your girl - already making similes. :-)
That was the point in my pregnancy where my doctor said "you look like a woman who's going to develop pre-eclampsia." Gee, thanks. Not only are you telilng me that it's not just me thinking I'm so swollen I feel like I'm going to pop, but that there's a serious illness invovled.
ReplyDeleteAt least at this point, people will start lowering their expectations about what you can do. Hang in there.
why aren't you famous yet? too much.
ReplyDelete