Thursday, September 26, 2013

Howdy!




Wow. Yeah. That was crazy.

So in case you were wondering, my maternity leave is over. Since June 27, I've

  • given birth (without an epidural)
  • packed up my entire house and hauled it away in a station wagon
  • potty trained my two year old
  • lived with an infant, a two year old, four dogs, and my mother AND survived
  • sold my house to the most finicky buyers in the whole universe
  • convinced a bank to give us a new mortgage (and we were still convincing them at our THREE HOUR closing! sheesh!)
  • moved
Too much. What was I thinking? Anyway, it's over and now I'm back at work. I've been back for about a week and I was totally busy. It was nuts! I was thinking, "What happened? I used to have this easy job where I just slacked off and surfed the internet and now I have all this WORK to do? What gives?"

But then I realized, "Oh wait a minute. I don't care." And suddenly all the stuff I should be doing faded into the background and I was screwing around on Facebook.

There we go. Things almost feel normal again.

1 comment: