(RIP Annette Funicello. Gonna have to watch Back to the Beach immediately.)
Last week was spring break. Not my spring break. I still went to work everyday like a schmendrick. School was out, but literally the only reason why this affected my life at all is because MH's school was canceled and I had to hustle up some babysitters. That, and the world suddenly got gorgeous and sunny and my office became intolerably hot to the point where everyday I contemplate taking off my pants while I'm sitting at my desk. (And if you knew how long it took a pregnant lady to put on her leggings, you would realize this is no easy feat.)
Anyway, it's times like these when it really sucks to work in an office. I was coveting spring break pretty bad, and since I couldn't take the week off from work (To waste precious vacation time so I can go sit in my dirty house? Why?) I took the week off from the one thing I have control over: this blog. I didn't mean to, but by Thursday, I just decided to go with it.
But after spring break, there's that giddy downhill stumble into summer time. What I need right now are some teachers to tell me that they spent all of spring break grading papers and doing paperwork. Or some SAHM to tell me how they almost Susan Smith-ed their kids. That in spite of the ridiculous temperature of my windowless office (the thermostat is set at 75. I am DYING!)--and the fact that it is a windowless office--my job has some perks.
I don't know. I'm being all reminiscent of the binge and purge of the school year. And come summer break, when everybody else is at the pool and I'm stuck sitting in my cubicle, I know this feeling is just gonna get worse.

Aside from the pregnancy thing, this is my life. Only my office is so cold that I want to put more pants on. No windows, though. So I feel like I'm in a research trailer in Antarctica.
ReplyDelete